LOCAL

This is a group workblog for the Oni Comics series LOCAL.

"Perfect three-minute single. You're going to want this one. Trust me." - Warren Ellis
"Some of the sharpest slices of life the medium has ever seen. Highly recommended." - Brian K. Vaughan
"a rare and enviable thing... painfully easy to enjoy."- Gail Simone
"the coolest short film never shown on the IFC or Sundance Channel." - Sequential Tart
"best of 2005" - The Daily Oklahoman

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Coco Roco





Local #6


"Megan and Gloria, Apartment 5a"


Release: 9/6

4 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coco Roco sounds a bit exotic. I guess I'd try some Peruvian food! Never did it before!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Bully said...

I've been buying Local all along and picked up #6 last week without looking real close at the cover. I just read it and discovered to my surprise and delight it's set in Park Slope, Brooklyn, my home.

Brian and Ryan , you've both done a wonderful job of capturing the look and feel of Park Slope--not only in its local landmarks (Little Red Hens! Dizzy's! Those heavy, heavy brownstoen front doors!)--but also the sensation of awkward living conditions, and the problem with being invisible in a big city. I'll be blogging about this issue soon; it spoke to me above and beyond just being set in Park Slope. Great stuff; thanks guys.

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always with love, courtesy of your friends at www.fanboycomics.biz

http://www.fanboycomics.biz/images/comicstrip/indiecomicbig01.jpg

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Nik said...

So when's the next issue coming out? #7 was the last I've seen, has #8 come out yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home