LOCAL

This is a group workblog for the Oni Comics series LOCAL.

"Perfect three-minute single. You're going to want this one. Trust me." - Warren Ellis
"Some of the sharpest slices of life the medium has ever seen. Highly recommended." - Brian K. Vaughan
"a rare and enviable thing... painfully easy to enjoy."- Gail Simone
"the coolest short film never shown on the IFC or Sundance Channel." - Sequential Tart
"best of 2005" - The Daily Oklahoman

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Graeme on Local #3

via The Savage Critic:

"LOCAL #3... manages to be an anthology of four shorter stories all about what happens afterwards, while Wood also has a character talk about creativity for an issue, giving people like me the opportunity to wonder if he’s really talking about his own creativity with lines like “To be really blunt, we were growing up. That hardcore stuff was just getting old – Or rather, we were just getting too old to be doing it… As artists, as any kind of creative person, you progress. You adapt, your art grows up with you, and to me there’s nothing sadder than musicians who’re still cranking out the same stuff 20 years later.” So, no more Channel Zero any time soon, looks like. Despite that, it all holds together well."

--

was waiting for someone to see a connection there. i mean, there was never any plan for more Channel Zero anyway, but the rest of it - there are some parallels.

-b

4 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Blogger LOki said...

i hadn't been to the comic store in a while and this was the first one i picked up when i got there. even jumping on the wagon at #3, i already love this series. the writing, narration, even 'editing' is unique and different, but works remarkably well.

good work guys; i'm eagerly awaiting #4.

from melbourne, australia,

-LOki

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Local #3 - best comic I have read in a long time! Left me wanting more - Paul

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous alfredo said...

Is the band in this issue based off a real rock group? I'd like to know. It felt familar to me somehow.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Schmakt said...

I LOVED this issue. I almost picked up Local a couple of months ago, but I'm trying to save money, so I didn't. Got some extra cash and picked up 1-4 yesterday; number 3 was, far and away, one of the best comics I've read in a long time. This title is now on my pull-list. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home