LOCAL

This is a group workblog for the Oni Comics series LOCAL.

"Perfect three-minute single. You're going to want this one. Trust me." - Warren Ellis
"Some of the sharpest slices of life the medium has ever seen. Highly recommended." - Brian K. Vaughan
"a rare and enviable thing... painfully easy to enjoy."- Gail Simone
"the coolest short film never shown on the IFC or Sundance Channel." - Sequential Tart
"best of 2005" - The Daily Oklahoman

Thursday, December 22, 2005

CJ Christy on LOCAL #2

She likes the mixtapes:

"The music they chose is really great stuff-daily indie viewers would love it. So we chose a song from their playlist to play. We chose the CURE song "Pictures Of You" used in illustrating pages 7-9 within the most recent issue (#2 Minneapolis).

As we played the video, I read along in the comic book. As the lyric "whiter than snow" was sung, I looked at page 8, panel 1 -- and there was the heroine looking out her window at the snow. I freaked out, and muted the video and went on air to describe what had happened. I'm a dork, but it was super awesome. SO if you check out LOCAL and download the songs, I guarantee the experience will be worth it. I seriously heart this comic. PS: How lame is the phrase- "seriously heart"."


---

1 Comments:

At 4:21 AM, Blogger christy said...

ummm...did Brian Wood just write about me writing about him.....I feel like the coolest girl in school right now. Brian Wood I heart you.

So in review, brian writing about christy in the blog and then christy writing about brian writing about christy in the
blog comments = awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home