LOCAL

This is a group workblog for the Oni Comics series LOCAL.

"Perfect three-minute single. You're going to want this one. Trust me." - Warren Ellis
"Some of the sharpest slices of life the medium has ever seen. Highly recommended." - Brian K. Vaughan
"a rare and enviable thing... painfully easy to enjoy."- Gail Simone
"the coolest short film never shown on the IFC or Sundance Channel." - Sequential Tart
"best of 2005" - The Daily Oklahoman

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A couple new reviews of note

Greg at icomics.com:

"The first issue of Local is by all means a success; it kicks off the twelve-issue series with a strong story about choices taken and otherwise, as well as providing a strong hook in the form of Megan to make people want to come back for future installments. Add in an attractive cover completing the package (and it sounds silly but the brown-and-blue color combination up in the logo comes across so strongly that I can't help but love it) and you've got a real winner. Here's looking forward to eleven more installments."

Metamorphostuff:

"It's a true collaborative effort between Kelly & Wood - you've got to be good to tell the same basic story four times in one issue and keep the reader interested. How good is Local? I read it on my way home on the streetcar. I read it once, and wasn't quite sure what I'd read, so I read it again. It was on my third time through that I realized I'd missed my stop by about ten blocks."

--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home