LOCAL

This is a group workblog for the Oni Comics series LOCAL.

"Perfect three-minute single. You're going to want this one. Trust me." - Warren Ellis
"Some of the sharpest slices of life the medium has ever seen. Highly recommended." - Brian K. Vaughan
"a rare and enviable thing... painfully easy to enjoy."- Gail Simone
"the coolest short film never shown on the IFC or Sundance Channel." - Sequential Tart
"best of 2005" - The Daily Oklahoman

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Ryan Kelly's LOCAL/DEMO samples

A page from Demo #5, drawn by Ryan Kelly.

Several months ago, Ryan did a bunch of sample art for me in preparation for taking on LOCAL. I gave him some script pages from Demo #5, an issue he hadn't seen before, and it was fascinating to see his version of the story, which was eerily similar to Becky's.

Here are Ryan's thumbnail sketches for the first 5 pages of Demo #5:

page 1
page 2
page 3
page 4
page 5

4 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger jess roxx said...

looks great! I can't wait for Local to come out, but I guess this DEMO remix will tide me over for a while.

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous sean kennedy said...

weird, I can't get pages 3-5 to load

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Brian Wood said...

try it again.

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous sean kennedy said...

page 3, panel 3, lovin' the fringe :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home